Consider these Bible facts: Jesus traveled and taught for three years. There are about 110 pages in the Bible dedicated to His ministry and message. We have approximately 25,000 words that Jesus spoke recorded in the Bible. Of those 25,000 words, Jesus taught about the Father in Heaven at least 181 times.
This means 1 out of every 140 words, Jesus was speaking about His Father. His central message and purpose was to restore us to a relationship with our Daddy in Heaven.
The following is a compilation of my ten favorite verses about our Father in Heaven. All but two of them are spoken directly by Jesus Himself. May you experience His love as you read the truth about your Abba.
10. Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? –Matthew 6:26
9. “What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost. –Matthew 18:12-14
8. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. –Luke 6:35-36
7. “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom”. –Luke 12:32
6. “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.” –John 14:1-2
5. “No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God. — John 16:27
4. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. — Romans 8:15-16
3. “Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!” — Matthew 7:9-11
2. How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! –1 John 3:1
And what is the message all of these verses are hammering into our hearts?
- You have a daddy who loves you.
- He is strong enough to protect you.
- He is engaged enough to teach you.
- He is tender enough to hug you.
- He is alive enough to play with you.
And the Number One verse regarding the love of the Father is this amazing truth– no matter how far you have wondered, you can still come home! Regarding the prodigal son, Jesus tells us:
1. “When he came to his senses, he said… “I will set out and go back to my father” –Luke 15:17
Click to view the Father’s Love Letter
You can find Pastor Eric’s message, “The Love of the Father,” on the Emmanuel Fellowship Church web site. Click to listen
Fathered By God by John Eldredge
Healing the Father Wound by H. Norman Wright
Groovy Giveaway — Peter Lopez is giving away videos of the new series from the creators of Veggie Tales, “What’s in the Bible?” Head over to www.BeautyoftheBible.com to enter to win.
“Father! – to God Himself we cannot give a holier name.” –William Wordsworth
On the Radar
Kingdom Principles for Raising Children second session tonight, March 8, at 7:00 pm. Childcare is provided.
Lifegroups meet this Wednesday at 7:00 pm. Click here for more Life in Sweetwater information.
Revelation Bible study this Tuesday from 12:00 – 1:00 pm in my office. Everyone is welcome to join in, just bring your Bible and a lunch box. Keep up with the progress at The Watchman’s Gaze.
Be in prayer for our Youth Mission Trip as they head to Mission Arlington over Spring Break.
Our Nursery is taking applications for a consistent Sunday morning Nursery Worker. If you or anyone you know are interested in filling this position, please contact the church office at 325-236-9200.
Parents, be sure to check out the Worldchangers website. We align our Bible curriculum from the nursery all the way up to our youth. Access the Family Connection page on the website to bring your children’s Bible lesson home to the kitchen table.
We also have all the info you need about RAMP, our ministry to youth in Sweetwater High School and Middle School and surrounding campuses, as well, at www.efcyouth.com.
You Heard it at EFC
Been trying to remember one of those awesome songs we sang? Here is our worship list from yesterday, for those of you who just absolutely need a copy for yourself. You can usually find them for purchase on itunes.com.
- “We Cry Out” by Jesus Culture
- “Your Love is Everything” by Jesus Culture
- “Freedom Reigns” by Jason Upton
- “Mighty to Save” by Hillsong
Next Sunday, March 14, 2010, we begin to turn our hearts toward the amazing sacrifice of our King upon the cross. “Vantage Points” is our four week series leading up to Easter. Each week will offer a dramatic presentation of a witness to the crucifixion.
* All Scripture quoted from The Holy Bible : New International Version. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1996, c1984.
Read Full Post »