In honor of all of our Daddies, I have compiled a list of the top 12 Bible verses for Father’s Day. If you are a Dad, or if you ever had a dad, I pray these verses will be a source of encouragement for you this week!
- Genesis 18:19 – “For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just, so that the LORD will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.”(NIV)
- Exodus 20:12 – “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.”(NIV)
- Deuteronomy 6:6-9 – “These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.”(NIV)
- Joshua 24:15 – “But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”(NIV)
- Psalm 103:13 As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; (NIV)
- Psalms 127:3-5 – “Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.”(NIV)
- Proverbs 3:11-12 My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline and do not resent his rebuke,because the LORD disciplines those he loves,as a father the son he delights in.(NIV)
- Proverbs 14:26 – “Whoever fears the LORD has a secure fortress, and for their children it will be a refuge.”(NIV)
- Proverbs 23:24 The father of a righteous man has great joy; he who has a wise son delights in him. (NIV)
- Malachi 4:6 He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse. (NIV)
- Ephesians 6:1-2 – “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise”(NIV)
- Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. (NIV)
May your Father’s Day and every day be filled with delight and honor in your family!
Click here to listen to “Jehovah Jireh,” Pastor Mindy’s message from last Sunday.
On the Radar
· 3rd Annual Youth vs Adults Softball Game tonight at Newman Park. Hotdogs will be served at 6:30 pm. Game starts at 7:00 pm!
· Mother’s Day Out now enrolling for the 2012-13 school year! For more information, or to register your child, click here.
· Next Membership Class: Sunday, July 22, from 4:00pm-6:00pm in the church sanctuary. Childcare will be provided.
Looking for Bible verses about God as our Father? Click here for the Top 10 Bible Verses About Our Heavenly Father.
You Heard it at EFC
- “You Are Good” by Brian Johnson
- “Higher” by Worthy Dying For
- “This is Our God” by Hillsong
- “I Will Exalt” by Amanda Faulk
This Sunday, June 17, is Father’s Day! Round up the family for a special day of worship and celebration before you fire up the grill for Dad!