In honor of all of our Daddies, I have compiled a list of the top 12 Bible verses for Father’s Day. If you are a Dad, or if you ever had a dad, I pray these verses will be a source of encouragement for you this week!
- Genesis 18:19 – “For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just, so that the LORD will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.”(NIV)
- Exodus 20:12 – “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.”(NIV)
- Deuteronomy 6:6-9 – “These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.”(NIV)
- Joshua 24:15 – “But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”(NIV)
- Psalm 103:13 As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; (NIV)
- Psalms 127:3-5 – “Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.”(NIV)
- Proverbs 3:11-12 My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline and do not resent his rebuke,because the LORD disciplines those he loves,as a father the son he delights in.(NIV)
- Proverbs 14:26 – “Whoever fears the LORD has a secure fortress, and for their children it will be a refuge.”(NIV)
- Proverbs 23:24 The father of a righteous man has great joy; he who has a wise son delights in him. (NIV)
- Malachi 4:6 He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse. (NIV)
- Ephesians 6:1-2 – “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise”(NIV)
- Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. (NIV)
May your Father’s Day and every day be filled with delight and honor in your family!
Looking for Bible verses about God as our Father? Click here for the Top 10 Bible Verses About Our Heavenly Father.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Blessing, Church, Heroes, tagged Appreciation, day, Month, October, Pastor, Thank you, Thanks on October 13, 2011|
1 Comment »
As I made my way around the church Wednesday night, meeting people, answering questions, directing traffic, and hugging necks, I was blessed by the sounds I heard all around me. I could hear the sound of babies in the nursery, the sound of children worshipping, and the sound of teenagers gathered in small groups asking hard questions in their search to understand more about God.
Parents were coming and going, most of them on their way to Lifegroup. Doors were opening and closing. Heals were clicking and clopping down the hallways. It was the sound of life, the sound of messes getting cleaned and problems being solved, and it was beautiful.
Right in the midst of it all, rising above the clamor, I could hear voices. I could hear the voices of those who had dedicated their night to teaching all of these young, hungry, noisy hearts about the love of Jesus. I could hear the voices of love, the voices of patience. I could hear the voices of those who spoke with a hope that their words would impact the lives they were speaking into.
My friends, the sounds of ministry occur because of the vision of those who willingly give their time and energy to love others. People just like you and me who have resolved to honor God by serving others.
October is Pastor Appreciation Month, and I encourage you to make sure you seize an opportunity to appreciate the people in your life who minister to you and your family. Make sure you don’t let the month go by without letting them know their loving actions make a difference.
Take the time to say “Thanks!” to each of the fabulous ministers in our church (Pastor Lolo, Pastor Loran, Mrs. Denise, and Pastor Mindy)– the people who lead the way in making the ministry of Emmanuel Fellowship Church so special!
- T – Take a moment to express your appreciation. Don’t let it be a passing remark. Pause, look them in the eye, and let them know you notice the work they do. Let them know how their service has impacted your family.
- H – Honor them with your words and actions. Do not allow the consistency of their service to be taken for granted. Consider the investment they have made to minister to you and your family and remember to treat them with a spirit of gratitude.
- A – Ask if they could use a hand. When you notice a need, be quick to meet it. Take a few extra seconds to make sure they have everything they need to love and serve your family in the best way possible. Take the initiative to serve those who serve you!
- N – Nudge your children to respect and help their teachers and pastors. A short conversation on the way to church and a positive handoff into the classroom can position your child to be a great influence.
- K – Keep your pastors in your prayers! Nothing is more important than a ministry team that is prayed for by their congregation.
- S – Send them a token of your appreciation. A card or a gift can be a powerful tool to refresh a heart. Your investment into them will, no doubt, yield a rich reward of continued ministry to your family.
Follow these links for more great resources for Pastor Appreciation Month:
Read Full Post »