- I am thankful to be part of a team of ministers who are amazingly energetic, passionate, and creative.
- I am thankful to be part of an elder board that is wise, prayerful, and hands on.
- I am thankful for an army of EFC volunteers who love children, greet, welcome, usher, serve communion, and work hard to make every church gathering a joy and a success.
- I am thankful for the building renovations this year that have given us room to grow.
- I am thankful for those who gave their hearts to Jesus this year.
- I am thankful for the weddings I was able to officiate this year.
- I am thankful for the healing we have experienced this year.
- I am thankful to serve on staff with my best friend, my wife.
- I am thankful to be where I am, doing what I am doing, and for the people I get to do stuff with!
- I am thankful that 2011 will be even better than 2010. The best is yet to come!
If you need more encouragement to be thankful in the big things as well as the small things in life, check out www.aholyexperience.com. Blogger Ann Voskamp has a ministry of exhorting her readers to gratefulness.
Wanting to make an Advent wreath to mark the season? How about Scriptures to read and prayers to pray with your children as you light the Advent candles? Check out one mom’s ideas at http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/christmas_advent.htm.