Emmanuel Fellowship Church is excited to announce the addition of a new team member to our staff. To help meet the needs of continued growth, Irene Escobar is filling the newly formed role of Associate Children’s Pastor. Irene has been an essential part of our Children’s ministry for the past several years, serving as a classroom teacher and volunteer. Her faithful service has helped create the new ministry position she will now fill.
As part of our vision to minister to families in the region, we have now added full children’s ministry to the 9:00 am service. Children will now have their own worship time and age-based classes for both the 9:00 am and 11:00 am services. Irene Escobar will oversee ministry for the 9:00 am Kid’s Church service.
“Miss Irene,” as the children call her, is also a current employee at J.P. Cowan, helping to nurture young children. Before that, she worked for several years at Sweetwater Christian School. Irene and her husband, Elias, are the parents of seven grown children and have eleven grandchildren.
Quality ministry for our children is a vital part of the ministry of EFC, and serving in children’s ministry is a wonderful way to grow as a follower of Jesus. If you are interested in working with children, contact Pastor Lorin Lopez for details.
Click here to listen to “Dreaming with God” and “Protecting the Dream,” Pastor Mindy’s recent messages from the Create sermon series.
On the Radar: Celebrate the Resurrection with us!
- Sunday, April 1 – Palm Sunday and children’s choir presentation.
- Wednesday, April 4, 7 pm – Ignite Service: View the film, “The Passion of the Christ” (Due to the intense nature of this movie, children’s ministry will be available for this service.)
- Sunday, April 8 – Community Sunrise Service at 6:30 AM in the Mustang Bowl.
- Sunday, April 8 – Easter Sunday! We will be in one service at 11:00 AM at the City Auditorium (400 Locust Street).
Parents! Check out these resources to connect with our ministry to children and youth.
- Worldchangers – Discussion starters from Sunday’s Kids’ Church lesson.
- The Salvage Yard – Youth Ministry Website. Click “Parent Connect.”
You Heard it at EFC
- “Furious” Jeremy Riddle version
- “Nothing But the Blood”
- “Revelation Song” Kari Jobe version
- “I Will Exalt” by Amanda Faulk
Next Sunday, March 18, Pastor Eric will conclude our Create sermon series with a look at bringing creativity to your sphere of influence. You are welcome to join us at 9:00 AM or 11:00 AM. Both services offer the same dynamic worship and vibrant ministry to children.