I had the privilege this week of viewing the prophetic art on display at the Sweetwater County-City Library from some of our EFC artists. The beauty and significance of the art on display was breathtaking.
Each Sunday morning, we are blessed to worship our King in a creative environment where live music and artistic expression work together to create a life-giving atmosphere. The prophetic art each Sunday is more than a “neat thing we do,” it is an expression of prayer and faith. It is an invitation to experience God’s presence among us through a visual medium.
One of the most amazing aspects of prophetic art is its lasting impact. Long after a Sunday service is over, the art produced in that service remains, and it invites us to remember and re-encounter the presence of God experienced in the moment in which the art was created.
I encourage you to make time this month to visit the library and experience again the art that was formed in front of us Sunday after Sunday. As you walk around the room, ask God to remind you of what He was saying and doing in your life on the Sunday in which each painted occurred. Or, ask God what He is saying to you through the art in the very moment you are looking upon it. What invitation is He giving you through the creative expression of these faith filled artists?
Special thanks to our artists: Suzan Kennedy, Jay Neal, and Rhonda Wilks for their willingness to share their creative gifts with us!
Have you missed a service? Need to remember part of a sermon? Click here to listen to recent Emmanuel Fellowship Church messages.
On the Radar: CAMP TIME!
- Youth Garage Sale this Saturday at the church to raise funds for our youth campers! Donations can be dropped off at the church offices all week long.
- REMINDER: Brisket Burrito sale immediately following both services to benefit our kids going to kids camp! Brisket combos are priced at $5.00 and additional burritos are priced at $2.00 each.
- Parents, you can inquire about camp registrations for your children and teens by emailing Pastor Loran (email@example.com) and Pastor Lolo (firstname.lastname@example.org), or calling the church offices at 236-9200.
You Heard it at EFC
- “Happy Day” by Tim Hughes
- “How He Loves” by John Mark McMillon
- “Jesus Paid It All” Chris Tomlin version
- “Christ Is Risen” by Matt Maher
Next Sunday, April 15, Pastor Eric will continue the “Unstuck” sermon series. Come and bring a friend with you to either the 9:00 AM or 11:00 AM service. Both services offer the same dynamic worship and vibrant ministry to children.