- I am thankful to raise my children in Sweetwater, the oasis of West-Texas. A beautiful city, filled with beautiful people.
- I am thankful for the team I work with every day. A passionate, energetic, creative, and hard-working crew of Jesus-loving pastors.
- I am thankful for men and women who laid down their life to lead the Body of Christ and pioneer a path of revival. Men such as Bill Johnson, pastor of Bethel Church are my modern day heroes.
- I am thankful for Nelson Searcy’s book “Fusion,” which has taught me how to love and appreciate the new guests at EFC. It takes courage to walk into a church for the first time, and I want to honor that courage with a warm welcome and great encounter.
- I am thankful for every unsung hero and unknown face that loves unselfishly, lives faithfully, and serves unconditionally. These are the saints I look forward to singing with someday in a Heavenly choir.
- I am thankful for my spiritual heritage, a legacy of faith of three generations of men loving the church and seeking revival in West-Texas.
- I am thankful for my kitchen table. It is so much more than warm food and sweet desserts. It is a place of joyful conversation, heartfelt prayers, and everyday discipleship.
- I am thankful for grace. It is as amazing today as it was the first day it pulled me out of darkness and into light.
- I am thankful for my wife. She inspires me every day to live fully and freely, to continually press further up and farther in to the grace of God!
- I am thankful for this year’s harvest: salvations, healings, rededications, restorations, weddings, baptisms, and freedom. It’s been a good year!
- I am thankful for the opportunity to press into next year — and the hope that 2012 will be even more alive, blessed, and fruitful than this year!
“Wilderness Fail” by Worship Pastor Mindy von Atzigen is available online. Click to listen to this challenging message.
Pastor Mindy has written more about Famous Failures on her blog, where she is also giving away 3 copies of our cd, “All Things New.” Today is the last day to enter, so head on over to Treasure the Ordinary to register. www.treasuretheordinary.blogspot.com
On the Radar: Holiday Schedule
- Sunday, December 18 @ 11:00am: Christmas Pageant at the City Auditorium
- Sunday, December 18 @ 6:00pm: Church-wide Christmas Party at Camp Boothe Oaks
- Saturday, December 24 @ 7:00pm: Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at EFC
- Sunday, December 25: Christmas Day! —-No Church Services—-
- Sunday, January 1 @11:00am: New Years Day Service with fellowship meal and football to follow!
Parents! Check out these resources to connect with our ministry to children and youth.
- Worldchangers – Discussion starters from Sunday’s Kids’ Church lesson.
- The Salvage Yard – Youth Ministry Website. Click “Parent Connect.”
You Heard it at EFC
- “You Are Good” Bethel Live version
- “Our God” by Chris Tomlin and Matt Redmand
- “I Will Exalt” by Amanda Falk
- “Higher” by Worth Dying For
Next Sunday, November 29, we will conclude our Famous Failures sermon series with a look at the life of Paul and the impossibility of measuring success on short term results.